Tuesday 20 December 2011

These are not the greatest songs in the world, these are just a tribute


Cover art is stolen and therefore not representative of nationality of bands appearing on comp.

Much like Tony, I really struggled to streamline my favourite songs into one compilation, and even this is only if you consider 2 hours of music "streamlined". We even have a lot of the same artists, and even a couple of the same songs! I suspect the case will be similar for ZoSo))) too. Also like Tony, despite my efforts to attempt to limit this comp to one track per artist, I found this impossible for a few.

Hell, I even had to ban myself from delving into a few genres before it got out of hand or I would have found myself still sat here, weeks past the deadline, adding to it. Namely, I haven't even considered any electronic music, country, rap, sludge, grind, black metal, soundtracks, classical music or comedy, amongst others - though I can think of representatives from each that I would love to have included.

Anyway, since I don't know how to create my own running order before compressing the folder, the tracks should be listened to in the following sequence for maximum effect:

1) Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf
2) Led Zeppelin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
3) The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
4) Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man
5) The Beatles - Norwegian Wood
6) Mr Bungle - Goodbye Sober Day
7) Electric Six - Synthesizer
8) The Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog
9) Soundgarden - 4th Of July
10) Sleep - Dragonaut
11) Electric Wizard - Funeralopolis
12) Black Sabbath - Supernaut
13) The Beatles - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
14) Tom Waits - Road To Peace
15) Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
16) Poison Idea - Alan's On Fire
17) The Fantomas Melvins Big Band - Night Goat
18) Black Flag - My War
19) Electric Wizard - Return Trip
20) Joy Division - She's Lost Control
21) Primus - Southbound Pachyderm
22) Led Zeppelin - Friends
23) Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan

7 comments:

Claypool said...

Most uses of the word "even" in one post award.

Tony Maim said...

Great list and well done for getting them down to 23 songs.

I had no Stones on mine because that was going to be an entire list by itself......... kinda regret not having time for AmRep type bands either but as you so rightly pointed out, this could take many days past the deadline.

Thanks for the deadline ZoSo))) ....... still waiting for yours! I suppose that you have your hands full with all the hundreds of compilation that everyone sent in?

ZoSo))) said...

Hey, man. Don't be such a square, the deadline ain't even passed, man.

Tony Maim said...

Fucking ouch dude- harshed!

ZoSo))) said...

My glorious compilation is now in the process of being uploaded

Claypool said...

Have we had any outside submissions brosef?

ZoSo))) said...

Nah man everyone can fuck off. I mean everyone can f*ck off. I mean cunt.